Week eight of the 20 in 20 challenge is finished! Only 12 to go! End goal is 140 for me. Ugh I’m dragging on making these posts. CONSISTENCY IS HARD!
First, my weight:
- High of 152.6
- New low of 150.3
- Saturday’s weight: 150.3
- Weekly average: 151
- Total loss so far: 9 lbs (based on average)
- Drinks 6/6 Goal: Black coffee, water, and my post-workout choco milk. Go me – only one day with a beer.
- Exercise 4/5 Goal: 3 classes of BJJ, 2 days to the gym. Last week I did 3 days of BJJ and went to the gym 1 day.
- Diet 2/5 – Goal: M-F no pasta/rice/bread/sugar. Tuesday there were some glass noodles with my bulgogi, Thursday I had fried pork cutlets and salad with thousand island dressing, Friday had bibimbap.
- Diet tracking 3/5 – Goal: 3 days, 1400 calories. Go me. I got back on the tracking wagon, although not quite so dedicated-ly. I did write down my food all week, but I didn’t necessarily input the calories into my diet tracker. So I give myself a solid 3/5.
- Sleep 1/6: 6.5 hours 5 nights this week, one day of 8 hours. CURSE YOU, MOSQUITOES! Holy crap I love Sleep Cycle. My sleep quality was poor all week – less than 60% most days. 🙁 I also got only 1 day of 6.5 hours of sleep. Seriously yuck.
- Success: Writing down my food, even if not logging it!
- Success: My friend V is helping motivate me to go to the gym. I took your guys’ advice and decided to bring in some outside help, and sure enough – I went once!
- Success: New weight loss low
- Challenge: Ugh – seriously having trouble getting these posts out on time!
- Challenge: Suuuugar. (I posted on Facebook today: Dear donut: well played sir. This round to you. Donut 1, Diet 0.)
- Challenge: This week is Chuseok, Korean Thanksgiving, and so there’s a big dinner coming up.
This week was much much better in terms of motivation. I think all the super boring food is getting to me – I’m down to just chicken breasts pretty much right now. Note to self: go to Costco soon! And I also do realize that I’d been self-flagellating a bit hard in my past few weekly roundups. That’s no fun to read!
Next week’s goals:
- Writing down all my food 6 days.
- 4 days no pasta/bread/sugar
- Drinks: Black coffee, water, and my post-workout choco milk. Beer 1 day.
- Exercise: 3 classes of BJJ, 2 days to the gym. – It’s Chuseok, Korean Thanksgiving, so this may prove challenging.
- Sleep: In bed by 12:30am 4 nights this week.
How are you guys doing? I’m really happy that overall I’m on track. I felt today like I was starting to lose my mind. I haven’t had this concerted of an EFFORT put into my weight loss in a long time, and it’s starting to get to me a bit. Before it’s just felt like changing my lifestyle. This feels so goal oriented that it mentally feels tougher. And that’s okay – I have a REASON for my goal – I’m heading home at Christmastime and I would like to get some clothes there and be closer to my maintenance size. I mean – I’ve already lost 9 lbs in 8 weeks. That’s a big deal, especially when you consider that it generally takes me 5-6 months to lose 10 lbs, sometimes even longer. It sincerely has taken me roughly a year to lose 20 lbs. If I can pull it off in 4.5 months – holy good crap.
What were your successes and challenges this week? What feels really mentally tough for you, and what’s a hurdle you cleared? How are you holding up? Will you make it to the finish line with me? Only 12 more weeks to go!