Week 11 of the 20 in 20 challenge is finished! Why hello week 20 – you’re just around the corner (okay everyone don’t panic like I am! hahaha). End goal for me is 140 lbs.
First, my weight:
- High of 156.9
- Saturday’s weight: 151.7
- Weekly average: 154.1
- Total loss so far: 5.9 lbs (based on average)
I knew when I started that everything would fluctuate, and I got sick this week. When I get sick I make awful choices, and there are consequences to our actions. I’m cool with it. Additionally, yesterday marked Shark Week, so I’m still a little bloated. Ah well.
- Drinks 5/5 Goal: Wed-Fri, only water, black coffee, tea, and post-workout drink. This wasn’t hard to keep.
- Exercise 0/5 Goal: 3 BJJ classes, weight lifting 2 days. No exercise. I stayed home and slept.
- Diet 3/3 – Goal: 3 days no pasta/rice/bread/sugar. Oh good god. I had one day where I ate 4 packets of ramen. WTF. That day I had over 8g of sodium.
- Diet tracking 0/5 – Goal: Writing down all my food 5 days. Nothing. Not even once.
- Sleep 2/4: Goal: 7 hours 4 days this week. Unfortunately, my sleep was cut short by mosquitoes several times.
- Success: Getting better!
- Success: After my super high carb day I went down to all natural foods.
- Challenge: How to eat healthier when I’m sick.
- Challenge: SHARK WEEK!
- Other: Here’s what I learned – bloating is real. After eating 8,000 mg of sodium and carbage (garbage carbs), I literally gained 2 inches around my belly. It was so freaking nuts – took about 2-3 days to come back down. I felt like I was pregnant with ramen (to be fair, Ramen was the father).
Next week’s goals:
- Writing down all my food 5 days.
- 5 days no pasta/bread/sugar
- Drinks: Wed-Fri, only water, black coffee, tea, and post-workout drink.
- Exercise: 3 BJJ classes, weight lifting 2 days
- Sleep: 7 hours 4 days this week
I’ve decided that this week I’m cancelling my gym membership. I won’t pay for something I’m not doing, and I don’t have the emotional strength to maintain two relationships (sorry, gym – you’re gone – bjj is my main love).
How did you do on the willpower challenge? Mine was diet:3, donut:0. I do not count The Day of Ramen in this, because I did not give in to ramen due to lack of will power. Two days this week I had such strong urges to have crappy instant coffee with sugar and cream. Had tea instead. Had a super strong desire to have a popsicle. Did not do it. Go me.
What was awesome for you this week? How are you on the challenge?