Week 10 of the 20 in 20 challenge is finished! We’re halfway there! End goal is 140 for me. I feel like this is a MAJOR ACCOMPLISHMENT! Huzzah!
First, my weight:
- High of 153.6
- Today’s weight: 150.1
- Weekly average: 152.2
- Total loss so far: 7.8 lbs (based on average)
- Drinks 3/3 Goal: Wed-Fri, only water, black coffee, tea, and post-workout drink. Boom. Did it.
- Exercise 2/3 Goal: 3 classes of BJJ. Two BJJ classes – I overslept the other 2 days.
- Diet 3/3 – Goal: 3 days no pasta/rice/bread/sugar. Another hooray!
- Diet tracking 2/2 – Goal: Tracking food 2 days. YES! Did this Thursday and Friday.
- Sleep 4/4: Goal: 7 hours 4 days this week. Whoa – I slept for so freaking long on Thursday and Friday.
- Success: Getting this out on time!
- Success: Starting the diet tracking again.
- Success: Drinks.
- Challenge: Oh boy this was a gaining week.
- Challenge: Didn’t set my goals until Wednesday. DOPE!
- Challenge: From Saturday – Tuesday I was eating like a mad woman. I had cake, pie, cookies, half a soda, fried potatoes, the works. Oy! Because of that, I will not be taking my normal day off this weekend.
- Other: This week I fluctuated up because of diet. As soon as I controlled the diet, it came down. I think that’s both a success and a challenge.
Next week’s goals:
- Writing down all my food 5 days.
- 5 days no pasta/bread/sugar
- Drinks: Wed-Fri, only water, black coffee, tea, and post-workout drink.
- Exercise: 3 BJJ classes, weight lifting 2 days
- Sleep: 7 hours 4 days this week
Willpower is a muscle – it gets stronger the more you use it.
One thing that I sometimes use to help get me through is to feel like I’m winning if I say no. I posted on Facebook a while back – Diet 0, Donut 1. For me, the donut wins if it’s unplanned and I give in to temptation. The diet wins if I eat a planned donut – like during the week I say “Self, you can have one donut on Saturday” then that’s not a loss – it’s a win. But if I lose the battle with my willpower, that is absolutely a loss.
If you’ve been following along with me, CONGRATS FOR MAKING IT TO THE HALFWAY POINT! Woo hoo!!! This week I have a plan for you: track how many times you GAVE IN vs how many times you RESISTED. Seriously – keep track – diet 1: donut 2. Something like that. Whatever you want to call it, keep tally this week, and give yourself the credit you deserve for sticking to it. Next week I’d love if you would share your total. Let us rejoice with you!
What was awesome for you this week? How are you on the challenge?