Gentle reader, welcome to Jiu Jiu BJJ dot com.
When I went to the Ray Elbe seminar, I realized that my blog url was impossible to remember. In fact, I’ve found it easier to tell people to google my blog. >_< http://juliajohansen.wordpress.com is Hard! Clunky! Forgettable!
So, I broke down and bought the url http://jiujiubjj.com
Easy! Simple! Memorable!
Everything will redirect here, so if you type in the old url it will send you to http://jiujiubjj.com I’d been putting off doing this because I get easily overwhelmed with computer jargon, but thankfully, with nerd support and WordPress it was REALLY simple.
1. Go to the store (on your dashboard)
2. Under header “Add a domain” (registration = $5, mapping = $12) click Buy Now
3. After purchasing, it takes you to a Domain page, you choose your domain, then if you click “PRIMARY” next to the new url it will automatically redirect everything.
4. Spread the word! Woo hoo!
My new email is julia AT jiujiubjj DOT com. Simple and sweet!
[curses – it is not receiving email! argh] (Thank you to my nerd support for helping me!!)
I want to design a small logo with my blog url so that I can stamp my pictures with them. I don’t care if the pictures are used elsewhere, I just want my blog url to show. I envision it text based, but have nothing yet.
Not really sure what I want to say, or the frequency, but it’s something I’m interested in adding. Any ideas here? Comment below!
I’ve been trying to figure out which categories would be helpful/useful, so if you have some ideas, please please please comment. Here’s what I’ve come up with so far (I stole some from Meg):
- Reviews (tags for seminars, academies, etc)
- Women in BJJ
- Resources (including tag for BJJ tropes)
- Geek to Athlete
Anything else you’d like to see on this blog? Now’s the time to mention it!!! 🙂