So I assume at least a FEW of you have come across BJJ interviews. There are so many things one could ask about – and I wonder what your favorite types of questions are. My plan is to visit more BJJ schools in Korea and I want to interview the coaches. I’m looking for some inspiration – what are you interested in hearing about?
Here are some potential questions:
- How did you get started in BJJ?
- What do you like most and least about BJJ?
- Where do you see yourself/your gym in the next 5 years?
- What would you say to someone who was thinking about joining your BJJ gym?
- What are your thoughts on BJJ tournaments?
- What is your bread-and-butter move?
- What advice do you have about BJJ?
- What do you wish more people knew about BJJ?
- How many women train at your gym?
- What would you say to a woman who was thinking about trying BJJ?
Some of these questions may not be that great – asking about specific moves, and I would love to have some questions about women and BJJ – but I can’t seem to nail down the right questions. Help me out!
Please respond with good questions to ask a BJJ-er in an interview. Questions that might be good for someone who has been doing the sport for any amount of time – or questions you’d want to ask just black belts. In other words – what are YOU interested in knowing?